MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCV Rack: Open-source virtual modular synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next [all]
Author VCV Rack: Open-source virtual modular synthesizer
rjungemann
This Berlin School video is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Awesome!
Spyart
rjungemann wrote:
This Berlin School video is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Awesome!

Glad you like it! Thanks for feedback!
Spyart
UltraViolet
Great work Andrew!

I screwed up when I first ran VCV Rack on my Windows 10 PC. It asked for permission to write in the Documents folder and I answered no. Now VCV Rack can't install plugins. Tried a number of things in Windows, but still haven't found what is blocking VCV. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
Vortico
>It asked for permission

What did? I've never seen that dialog before.
UltraViolet
Windows did. Part of some new protection feature for files in the Documents folder it would seem. Had never seen it before.
Zon
UltraViolet wrote:
I screwed up when I first ran VCV Rack on my Windows 10 PC. It asked for permission to write in the Documents folder and I answered no. Now VCV Rack can't install plugins. Tried a number of things in Windows, but still haven't found what is blocking VCV. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

You can give it permission manualy by rightclicking the VCV icon->properties>security. Click on Edit and check the allow boxes.
UltraViolet
Zon wrote:
UltraViolet wrote:
I screwed up when I first ran VCV Rack on my Windows 10 PC. It asked for permission to write in the Documents folder and I answered no. Now VCV Rack can't install plugins. Tried a number of things in Windows, but still haven't found what is blocking VCV. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

You can give it permission manualy by rightclicking the VCV icon->properties>security. Click on Edit and check the allow boxes.


Thanks. I checked that and Rack has full permissions for everything. I can even run it as administrator which should give it permission to do anything and it still is blocked from accessing the plugins directory. It is very strange.

Have tried a number of things. I believe that renaming the .exe file allows it to download the plugins, but then it can't read them. Never had anything like this happen with Windows before, so am guessing it has something to do with a recent Windows update. I am guessing that Windows put it on a black list somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere.
Spyart
Vortico
Here's an article about the upcoming Rack 1.0 release. http://cdm.link/2019/02/vcv-rack-1-0/
kinkycables
Looks like a big leap forward - hopefully for stability as well. Excite.
azrrik
Multi-threading support! Nice!
Dilibob
Vortico wrote:
Here's an article about the upcoming Rack 1.0 release. http://cdm.link/2019/02/vcv-rack-1-0/
I have been keeping track on the dev logs and beta builds, this looks excellent. The multithreading mixed with polyphonic euro is just insanely cool. Plus there is just a ton of little fixes. The speed of which vcvrack is progressing is surprising, kind of reminds me when blender took off. The jack interface for us linux people is also a step forward.
LazyCircuit
I am seriously tempted to download this now based on how much I have enjoyed reading this thread.

One quick question about audio. Can anybody share their experience of including live audio in to be processed as an effects unit. I am about to buy an SH101 and it would be nice to plug in as an alternative to using Eurorack for processing.

Is it feasible to swap my Eurorack reverbs/freezes/Phonogene etc. for other modules and use vcv rack for those audio processing functions?

Please feel free to share your results from audio processing in vcv rack so I can set some realistic expectations for what I can produce.
Spyart
LazyCircuit wrote:
I am seriously tempted to download this now based on how much I have enjoyed reading this thread.

One quick question about audio. Can anybody share their experience of including live audio in to be processed as an effects unit. I am about to buy an SH101 and it would be nice to plug in as an alternative to using Eurorack for processing.

Is it feasible to swap my Eurorack reverbs/freezes/Phonogene etc. for other modules and use vcv rack for those audio processing functions?

Please feel free to share your results from audio processing in vcv rack so I can set some realistic expectations for what I can produce.

You really need only a fast PC\Mac and good card with slow latency. And you will able to produce just anything with VCV Rack.
LazyCircuit
Spyart wrote:
LazyCircuit wrote:
I am seriously tempted to download this now based on how much I have enjoyed reading this thread.

One quick question about audio. Can anybody share their experience of including live audio in to be processed as an effects unit. I am about to buy an SH101 and it would be nice to plug in as an alternative to using Eurorack for processing.

Is it feasible to swap my Eurorack reverbs/freezes/Phonogene etc. for other modules and use vcv rack for those audio processing functions?

Please feel free to share your results from audio processing in vcv rack so I can set some realistic expectations for what I can produce.

You really need only a fast PC\Mac and good card with slow latency. And you will able to produce just anything with VCV Rack.


Newish MacBook Air and a Scarlett i/o should do the job surely?
rjungemann
LazyCircuit wrote:
Newish MacBook Air and a Scarlett i/o should do the job surely?


This is exactly my setup and it works well for me.
xxsdkarte
rjungemann wrote:
LazyCircuit wrote:
Newish MacBook Air and a Scarlett i/o should do the job surely?


This is exactly my setup and it works well for me.


I'm running it on a 13" Macbookpro 2018 + soundcraft signature12 but I must say I have a lot of audio drops. really looking forward to the 1.0
Spyart
yghartsyrt
xxsdkarte wrote:
rjungemann wrote:
LazyCircuit wrote:
Newish MacBook Air and a Scarlett i/o should do the job surely?


This is exactly my setup and it works well for me.


I'm running it on a 13" Macbookpro 2018 + soundcraft signature12 but I must say I have a lot of audio drops. really looking forward to the 1.0


If you are using an USB 2 Audio interface, this could also be the problem:
http://cdm.link/2019/02/apple-2018-glitch/
xxsdkarte
yghartsyrt wrote:
xxsdkarte wrote:
rjungemann wrote:
LazyCircuit wrote:
Newish MacBook Air and a Scarlett i/o should do the job surely?


This is exactly my setup and it works well for me.


I'm running it on a 13" Macbookpro 2018 + soundcraft signature12 but I must say I have a lot of audio drops. really looking forward to the 1.0


If you are using an USB 2 Audio interface, this could also be the problem:
http://cdm.link/2019/02/apple-2018-glitch/


thanks for this, I also read it, but havent been affected yet. all other daw / audio is working perfectly fine.. but vcvrack is loading my CPU 180% even with simple patches cry
Spyart
Spyart
os
Silent Way for VCV Rack is released. Might be of interest to those on this thread.

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/vcvrack_silentway.html

Dilibob
Chronoblob in vcvrack is pretty amazing. definitely a good way to learn about the module, it's much more advanced then a simple looper, is helping to figure out how it could work with my granular euro hw.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next [all]
Page 25 of 28
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group