MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCV Rack: Open-source virtual modular synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next [all]
Author VCV Rack: Open-source virtual modular synthesizer
oerba
Vortico wrote:
Rack is probably blocked from accessing the internet on your computers. Make sure you've checked your firewalls, antivirus, blocking programs, and your internet connection itself.

This is likely the issue I was having. Thanks.
Spyart
scozbor
I'm only just exploring VCV seriously now. And I'm completely blown away!
Still just on the free modules but I can see myself buying a bunch of stuff soon.

Piping audio and midi between VCV / Renoise / Bitwig via JACK is a breeze!

The sound quality is great! It's running pretty damn well on my old i5/8gb ram/4gb graphics Linux box.

I would love to hear what you guys are using for midi controllers. I'm looking at the Akai MIDIMIX as a cheap solution for a bunch of knobs/sliders. I'm even thinking about printing up template overlays for specific patches for it cool
Spyart
mckenic
Ok I need to look at this more seriously (Ive also downloaded Flow to have a look too).

I kinda joked about it earlier but is there a module that accepts OSC and can turn that into useful VCV info? Looks like the trowaSoft sequencers can accept OSC but I'd rather have just raw OSC messages than rely on sequencers - my brainwave interface spits out around 20 someting-ish (I think) osc messages. If I could assign them in VCV it would DRASTICALLY reduce the gear I need to cart around to demo my system.

Have to say, since I last looked at this the number of modules has exploded!
Phil999
Open Sound Control for VCV would be great. Thanks for the hint to trowaSoft.
mckenic
thumbs up

Oh it would rock!

Currently I have a laptop, brainwave interface, cv pal (and I need to move to an 828 or ultralite for more cv outs), 12u suitcase and all the psus/cables and patch leads...

With OSC support Im sure I could replicate a lot of my Euro demo rig in VCV and just carry a laptop and the headband, 1 psu and a usb cable. It would make my life X10 easier! Not that I dont enjoy it but even demoing stuff I could save the VCV patch and give it to other folks to try at home etc.
ambientnoise
When I run VCV Rack my Mac laptop's fan runs loud and my laptop gets real hot. I think it's my CPU running hard?
mckenic
You should be able to see in what your cpu is doing in Activity Monitor?

HD/Utilities/Activity Monitor

Both my Laptop and MacMini 2012 cant handle insane patches but small voices are fine. On the mini its about 22-45% and I have Firefox, VLC, Audio Hijack, Thunderbird and Nord vpn running at the same time.
eircom
hey. i have a question to fellow Mac users.
does your VCV experience include weird issues with mouse? like knobs or patch cords aren't grabbed until you click them several times, and in general mouse response seems sluggish and, for lack of better term, uncertain? i've had this issue since the beginning of Rack and it still persists in the latest version. i'm using the logitech mx master on a 2013 trashcan mac pro. apple magic mouse doesn't help at all, too.
if i'm not the only one was anybody able to do anything about it? in my case it ruins most of the pleasure. thanks.
Vortico
Announcing the new official VCV Rack community forum, a frequently-requested idea by VCV Rack users, especially those without Facebook accounts.

If you have a VCV account (for updating plugins in Rack), there is no need to register. Just click Log In and your account will be set up automatically.

Log in, introduce yourself in the Member Introductions thread, and begin shaping this new community!

https://community.vcvrack.com/
hermbot
Very cool.

Are there still plans for MIDI learn for mapping to hardware controllers? I think I recall that being a "someday" feature.
Blingley
I've noticed that I keep using VCV rack a lot more once I got the Nysthi package and the included Master Recorder 2. Now that I've gotten used to the workflow of it, it honestly seems a bit baffling that this is not available as a core/fundamental functionality - simply an easy way to create stereo .wav files.

Apart from that, I find it slightly annoying that if there is a module that wants to open up audio files, it tries to open from the folder from which I save my racks - and if I browse elsewhere and open up an audio file, it will try to save my racks in that folder once I'm done. Could it be possible to save default folders based on the type of file that is being saved/loaded, so when I wanted to save/load racks it would open the rack folder and when I wanted to save/load audio it would go to the folder for that. Just a minor thing that would make things a bit faster.
Vortico
A stereo audio recorder/player will be added to Fundamental some time after Rack 1.0 is released. The reason is related to what you're talking about. There is currently no standard for patch file management, so first that will need to be designed and implemented into the Rack 1.0 patch format before an official VCV module takes advantage of it.
Spyart
Vortico
Today is Ask-Any-Question day on the VCV Discord group. Any type of question is allowed, even those that have been asked before and those not quite related to VCV. My username is "vortico" and I'll be online for the next 12 hours. https://discord.gg/wxa89Mh
zeit
Was curious if I could run VCV but I think my graphics card may be a bit too old?...Intel HD Graphics 2000...I think graphics drivers seem to be up to date. seriously, i just don't get it

I'm getting an OpenGL 2.0 error.

Anyone with a Windows 10 PC have similar issue and solved it? If so, how?

Vortico
HD 2000 is probably too old to fully support OpenGL 2.0 with framebuffer extensions.
alexander92
zeit wrote:
Was curious if I could run VCV but I think my graphics card may be a bit too old?...Intel HD Graphics 2000...I think graphics drivers seem to be up to date. seriously, i just don't get it

I'm getting an OpenGL 2.0 error.

Anyone with a Windows 10 PC have similar issue and solved it? If so, how?

Try and update DirectX, should solve your issue.
zeit
Thanks alexander92, I'll give it a try a tomorrow.
justinwzig
Does anyone else think there should be a subforum for Rack? I feel like there's enough discussion around it to warrant its own place as a platform smile.
Vortico
justinwzig wrote:
Does anyone else think there should be a subforum for Rack? I feel like there's enough discussion around it to warrant its own place as a platform smile.

Not MuffWiggler, but Rack has its own self-hosted forum at https://community.vcvrack.com/
Monotremata
eircom wrote:
hey. i have a question to fellow Mac users.
does your VCV experience include weird issues with mouse? like knobs or patch cords aren't grabbed until you click them several times, and in general mouse response seems sluggish and, for lack of better term, uncertain? i've had this issue since the beginning of Rack and it still persists in the latest version. i'm using the logitech mx master on a 2013 trashcan mac pro. apple magic mouse doesn't help at all, too.
if i'm not the only one was anybody able to do anything about it? in my case it ruins most of the pleasure. thanks.

Works as it should over here.
Spyart
Spyart
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next [all]
Page 24 of 28