MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCV Rack: Open-source virtual modular synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next [all]
Author VCV Rack: Open-source virtual modular synthesizer
scozbor
This is INSANE and so meta! Can't wait to try it out (on linux)
we're not worthy we're not worthy
Oblivion
scozbor wrote:

If you compile a full list of prereqs, that would be awesome. I have a pretty fresh Debian install and I'm up to about a dozen build attempts adding a new package ever time until it stumbles on the next. No prereqs listed in the Readme.
synthi
permadeath wrote:

Is it normal that the sequencer in Fundamental's sequencer's lowest setting is so fast?

The clock knob seem to go slower clockwise, the opossite of a "rate" or "frequency" knob.. thumbs up
Vortico
Oblivion wrote:
scozbor wrote:

If you compile a full list of prereqs, that would be awesome. I have a pretty fresh Debian install and I'm up to about a dozen build attempts adding a new package ever time until it stumbles on the next. No prereqs listed in the Readme.

It should be "none". Try running the Rack.sh script rather than ./Rack.
synthi
Texture synth seem to be working only after you "randomize" it, as if the default state is bypass or something. If you "initialize" it then it goes silent again... seriously, i just don't get it
synthi
synthi wrote:
And, how to change the Clouds mode???

Downloaded the Clouds manual and then I realized that there aren´t leds or buttons in the Texture Synthesizer front panel! The freeze can be done gating the freeze input, but there is no way to change the behaviour of the blend knob or selecting quality settings. cry
Is just me??

WIN7x64 BTW
permadeath
synthi wrote:
synthi wrote:
And, how to change the Clouds mode???

Downloaded the Clouds manual and then I realized that there aren´t leds or buttons in the Texture Synthesizer front panel! The freeze can be done gating the freeze input, but there is no way to change the behaviour of the blend knob or selecting quality settings. cry
Is just me??

WIN7x64 BTW

On the Github page it says it's only 70% done and what's left to work on is "edit buttons and lights / freeze button / right-click context menus to replace menu diving". I don't know why Vortico still included it in the Audible Instruments pack if it's not done, it may be a mistake that it was included. seriously, i just don't get it

But I know that he removed the Rampage module (yesterday I think) because it presumably needs more work. Maybe it's included because it...sort of works? I dunno.
diode_destroyer
This looks super cool!
synthi
Thanks Permadeath, now it makes sense!!
I`m really enjoying VCV! wonderful workflow and sound.
ITOH I noticed something unexpected and awesome, specially for Windows users: you can add several "audio device" modules and all will work even if those have different drivers! I know not so awesome for MAC users since you can mix and match in/outs from different interfaces but this is the first time I see that I see something like that on Windows!
So tomorrow I`ll try hooking the Roland Bitrazer (6 CV inputs& 2 CV outputs!!) along witth the Iconnect audio interface for audio duties hyper Rockin' Banana!
Dcramer
I sure hope they come up with a way to put Black Davies on all those knobs! w00t
eircom
Oh. Github page says Braids is 100% ported but there's seemingly no way to "press" the encoder to get to settings (META mode etc). Or that's me?

Anyway, awesome, super efficient and intuitive software.
The download size is 3.3 MB. Can't even remember when I've seen anything like that.
synthi
eircom wrote:
Oh. Github page says Braids is 100% ported but there's seemingly no way to "press" the encoder to get to settings (META mode etc). Or that's me?

Anyway, awesome, super efficient and intuitive software.
The download size is 3.3 MB. Can't even remember when I've seen anything like that.

Been trying exactly the same moments ago but couldn't find a way to enter the menu.
eircom
Also, meta modulator's Algo CV input seems to be not working. any modulation applied has no effect.
dasdreieck
Thanks for this. Really awesome, been playing around all morning.

Would be really nice if the basic VCO had an LFO setting for simple stuff and clocking, when I can't be bothered messing around with Tides. A quantiser would be awesome too for generative stuff.

But hey no complaints, I'm amazed at how good this is, and for free too. Respect we're not worthy
Riggar
"Would be really nice if the basic VCO had an LFO setting for simple stuff and clocking, when I can't be bothered messing around with Tides. A quantiser would be awesome too for generative stuff"

+1!
roya
Been playing with it for a couple hours. very cool!!

Only problem is that now i NEED to buy an elements! smile

Seems like this will be an awesome platform to play with modules before buying, hope more modules will be available.
sanderbaan
It would be amazing if there will be a Ableton Link module....
eb0687
sanderbaan wrote:
It would be amazing if there will be a Ableton Link module....

+1
wallyp
Very, very nice. Excellent idea and implementation. So far seems stable on Win 10 Ryzen 1700.

Can only get an output via Win Direct Sound to a 18i20. No Asio4All. Maybe access to the Asio4All CP from inside the app would be helpful?

On the Win DirectSound output I get 94% CPU usage and one core maxed out. So usable with a quick 10 minutes before work.

Quote:
Only problem is that now i NEED to buy an elements! smile

Not that I need encouragement but this is a great way to test drive modules.

Need the audio in now to integrate with the real world and it['ll be a great showroom for modules. Like a fully functioning Modular Grid.

we're not worthy
cptnal
I don't get it. Is it supposed to be a gateway drug for the real thing? One of the reasons I got into Eurorack is because making music on a computer is so b o r i n g!

Just me? seriously, i just don't get it
wallyp
Quote:
Just me? seriously, i just don't get it

No I get you. I feel the same. Just different spaces to occupy.

The case with knobs gets turned on, when the computers turned off, it gets carted off to places the computer doesnt.... etc
Vortico
I've updated the MacOS build on the website https://vcvrack.com to support MacOS 10.7 to 10.11. For those who have been having trouble opening it, try re-downloading it.
M4R71N
Vortico
Is there any way to contribute to the debugging or missing functions (github, email or just here???).
wallyp
Quote:
Is there any way to contribute to the debugging or missing functions (github, email or just here???).

+1
Vortico
Any three are fine. Email is contact@vcvrack.com
GitHub Issues are preferred over Pull Requests, since it takes me longer to review code and build changes than implement it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next [all]
Page 3 of 28