MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FRAP TOOLS CGM modular mixer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author FRAP TOOLS CGM modular mixer
hyena
ok, now let's drool over those gems:
http://frap.tools/portfolio/mixer/
nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Rockin' Banana! Dead Banana

ben_hex
These look fantastic!

Even more excited for meeting at Superbooth smile
damase
That is very awesome
lamouette/rck
Awesome ! thumbs up
cheliosheart
Oh my, this looks incredible!

There was just a thread recently discussing a modular/scalable approach to mixer modules. Being able to configure a master stereo mixer setup to your own needs is smart and perfectly fits in with the modular spirit. Love the aesthetics too! applause

Is this on modulargrid yet? Can't wait for these to drop!
paranoidmoonduck
The mixer bundles looks pretty cool.
mdoudoroff
Woah. I was wondering if somebody would try making a module-per-channel scheme like this!
ignatius
huge picture is huge. please resize the pic.
simonefabbri
cheliosheart wrote:
Oh my, this looks incredible!

There was just a thread recently discussing a modular/scalable approach to mixer modules. Being able to configure a master stereo mixer setup to your own needs is smart and perfectly fits in with the modular spirit. Love the aesthetics too! applause

Is this on modulargrid yet? Can't wait for these to drop!

Just uploaded on modular grid smile Tomorrow I'll post some specs here too, otherwise in the meanwhile http://frap.tools/mixer/ smile
mdoudoroff
My expectation is that this approach will get pricey.
mapmap
so beautiful!
we're not worthy
mqtthiqs
These look incredibly nice. Good job guys.
(Did Hannes design the panels?)
simonefabbri
mqtthiqs wrote:
These look incredibly nice. Good job guys.
(Did Hannes design the panels?)

We designed the panels first and then we asked Hannes to make them perfect, and he did an amazing job smile
grillo
Looks really good! Dead Banana
Felnyrii
Haha, I was just talking to AniModule about this sort of thing. Then poof! Frap Tools makes an awesome one!

applause applause applause
bobbcorr
Do I see the subtle hand of Papernoise on these modules?
far
Looks the goods.
Awesome site too.
Interesting to see what the price would be, is Frap Tools from the States?
mdoudoroff
far wrote:
Looks the goods.
Awesome site too.

FrapTools is Italian.

Do these look like sub-$200 modules to you? If not, a set of four channels, one group and one master should run somewhere north of $1200.
de_raaf
Looks great, modular which is the way to go i think
Hi5
Price will obviously be the big concern especially given all the mixers that showed up at NAMM. I give the modular nature of it but wish you could get more than just 2 group sends per channel. Would love a full vc mixer though.
sromanel
far wrote:
Looks the goods.
Awesome site too.

Nope, it's from Italy
dysonant
These look fantastic, could be the mixer I finally go for. Very well thought out and gorgeous design.

Also want to give props to the website. Really good responsive design. Also looks fantastic.
modernage
Oh my.............

I think we have a winner. applause For me, at least. I'm thinking along the same lines as mdoudoroff though. Might get a bit pricey for a halfway decent setup. Hope pricing details will be revealed soon.

Perhaps a price break for buying a complete setup? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? nodnod If not, I would probably have to compile this mixer over time. Which is actually an option if going this route.

I'd like to see someone do a stereo summing mixer at some point. Just a way to send all my stereo outputs to one place without taking up 2 mono channels per stereo output. I realize a couple of the upcoming mixers have stereo inputs, but none of them as a whole seem to check off everything on the list. Perhaps a future expansion module for the CGM? Something like the bottom monitor portion of those modules (channel fader, mute/solo/PFL buttons) x4, for a 4 channel stereo summing mixer. A boy can dream. Regardless, I am incredibly interested.
simonefabbri
modernage wrote:
Oh my.............

I think we have a winner. applause For me, at least. I'm thinking along the same lines as mdoudoroff though. Might get a bit pricey for a halfway decent setup. Hope pricing details will be revealed soon.

Perhaps a price break for buying a complete setup? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? nodnod If not, I would probably have to compile this mixer over time. Which is actually an option if going this route.

I'd like to see someone do a stereo summing mixer at some point. Just a way to send all my stereo outputs to one place without taking up 2 mono channels per stereo output. I realize a couple of the upcoming mixers have stereo inputs, but none of them as a whole seem to check off everything on the list. Perhaps a future expansion module for the CGM? Something like the bottom monitor portion of those modules (channel fader, mute/solo/PFL buttons) x4, for a 4 channel stereo summing mixer. A boy can dream. Regardless, I am incredibly interested.

Hi there,
just a quick detail about the CGM's functionality.
It has stereo input, several...
I mean, The master channel has a stereo input with volume pot, which is summed to the main out signal the same ways as channels and returns signals do. And in case you need to manage the amplitude of the stereo signal, the stereo returns in the Group module use stereo VCA (the same as the channels and as the sends), so you get their own pot and CV in. So in total the CGM is capable of 9 stereo in, 8 of them with stereo VCAs smile

We hope to get final prices for the SuperBooth next week smile
jmila
they are beautiful! Will you provide specs on the components? I suppose if people are gonna spend what these will undoubtedly cost for a mixer, they will want to know everything about them. Or maybe they will just sounds as great as they look and it won't matter Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6