MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Numerology + Silentway
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Numerology + Silentway
bar|none
I hope this thread is not a duplicate...I did search first.

Have you guys seen this video from Five12 of how Numerology integrates with SilentWay now?

It's pretty awesome.

why build a half fast sequencer into a cv plug when you can have a best of breed app like Numerology integrate seamlessly.
coupler
words can't really describe the awesomeness.
jlesser
Bad Ass!
Kent
I keep thinking about the chapter that Allen Strange would write if he were here to mess about with the new computer hawtness.
Fantastic stuff.
parasitk
There's also a video of Numerology with Volta here. http://vimeo.com/9888169

Yeah, I know this thread is in the Silent Way sub-forum, sue me. ambulance
os
I'll refrain from suing you if you go post about Silent Way in the Volta forum.

w00t
parasitk
There is balance in the universe.
bsmith
Having difficulty figuring out how to use the ac encoder in silent way - probably because I'm misunderstanding some too obvious routing - but I'm setting the ins and outs up correctly as far as I can see see, same as it's working for me in pro tools at least. Not understanding what I'm seeing in the routing between the voice controller and the encoder. Not seeing where the signal flow is possible ie - how does the voice controller pass the audio through the ac encoder on it's way out of the interface. I've got the ac encoder to the stack's main audio out which has the magic cables, which is also the voice contrllers defined output. Input is set correctly, variations have been tried... Anyone mess with this yet and explain as if to a child the way to set this up for success? Stumped.
Edit:
Well I got it working and it's weird - if you use the voice controller as an audio unit fx as opposed to an audio unit synth it will give you the audio routing to hook it into the ac encoder. However in this method you have to use the stack's audio input and output as opposed to the instrument, as it isn't available. No opportunity to define outs besides the fist two in the output matrix are available as far as I can see.

Hey if you're perusing this thread and don't use either of the pieces of software yet don't be freaked out by this weirdness I'm describing! Numerology and silent way rock together and separately, and easily - this here is some special situation wackiness!

Edit 2:
This the first time I've gotten to use Numerology on 2 different voices in counterpoint with my modular rig, what a blast! Especially with the launchpad support now..
jimAtFive12
Email me a copy of the Numerology project (jim at five12 dot com), I haven't had a chance to try out the AC encoder yet so I'm not sure what to recommend. Also, I'm flying today so it will be at least tomorrow before I get a chance to try it out.

Cheers,
Jim
bsmith
On its way, appreciate it Jim.

Thanks,
Brandon
jimAtFive12
Here's an update:

What is happening is that when Numerology loads the synth version of SilentWay VC it creates a special hosting module with these features:

- multiple output support (which is otherwise not available in Numerology 2).
- direct access to audio I/O (to make routing easier, and to make it harder to route DC signals to the wrong location).
- several CV inputs that are auto-converted to AU param changes on SilentWay VC.

As a part of all that, the audio ports that would normally appear on the back of the module are hidden, with the idea that you would use the menus on the front to directly route DC audio from the plugin directly to your audio interface. Until the AC Encoder came along, there was really no need to keep those signals around for further routing.

When you add SilentWay VC as an effect, Numerology treats it like any other AU, so you lose the special features listed above, but you do get the regular audio in and out ports, so then you can route them to the AC Encoder.

What I plan to do to resolve this is to add 3 audio output ports onto the SilentWay VC synth module so you can tap in to the DC output stream and process it with the AC encoder. In the meanwhile, running SilentWay VC as an effect is the way to go.

Cheers,
Jim
os
Thanks for that, Jim.

Maybe we could actually build the AC encoding into Numerology? Might simplify things a bit.
baltimoroder
Lemme just pop into this thread... Oh, I see Jim & os might be working together.

eek! Dead Banana ambulance
amsonx
Probabily i've missed something but i dont figure how route the Numerology's LFO and CV generator to AC encoder.

Rigth now i dont have a VCO (i'm waiting for... ) so i cant use the Voice Controller.

My goals is use the Num CV generator and CV processing as an additonal LFO, EG etc.
bsmith
I don't see a way either at this time- but you can try using the silent way lfo - it can hook into it. Also I've found that the sw lfo is fine at typical lfo frequencies (subsonic) using ac outputs, so you could just try to route it directly to a stack output
amsonx
i'll give a try now !

thanks
amsonx
thanks , that's works.
jimAtFive12
os wrote:
Thanks for that, Jim.

Maybe we could actually build the AC encoding into Numerology? Might simplify things a bit.

I'm game -- a square wave at 1/2 the sample rate? Does it have to be bandlimited?

Jim
os
Yup, that's it. I'm not applying any bandlimiting, though you do need the min/max level and polarity controls.

Of course I'm shooting myself in the foot by suggesting this, as if you build it into Numerology, then Volta users benefit from it too. d'oh!

Maybe you'd better leave it as a plug-in wink not least because that allows me to mess about with the encoding scheme without having to bother you about it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1