MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

'I Dream Of Wires' & MATRIXSYNTH - Modular photo of the
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author 'I Dream Of Wires' & MATRIXSYNTH - Modular photo of the
s o l v e n t
I Dream of Wires: The Modular Synthesizer Documentary

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2011/10/i-dream-of-wires-matrixsynth-present. html

For the next 30 weeks, IDOW and MATRIXSYNTH will be co-presenting a modular synthesizer photo of the week contest. The photos will be judged by Robert Fantinatto (IDOW director), Jason Amm (IDOW producer, Ghostly International recording artist Solvent), and MATRIXSYNTH. Every Sunday night, from Oct 30 to May 20, the latest photo of the week winner will be posted on MATRIXSYNTH. At the end of the 30 weeks, the Top5 photos will be selected.

What do the 'photo of the week' winners get?:
- Complimentary 'I Dream of Wires' DVD (upon film's release).
- Not only will your photo be posted to MATRIXSYNTH, you will also get an accompanying 50 words + 1 website link, to describe & promote your musical/photographic work.
- The photo + accompanying text/URL will also be included on the 'I Dream Of Wires' DVD release, as part of a bonus-feature photo gallery.
- Top5 winners: One of these photos will be selected as an official IDOW T-shirt design, and all 5 will be printed as a postcard set. T-Shirts and postcard sets are available as part of IDOW's IndieGoGo fund raising packages. Top5 winners will also receive a complimentary T-Shirt + postcard set.

Rules and considerations:
- Maximum 3 submissions per person. 1 photo submission per email. Please note that all submissions will remain in the pool of photos, for consideration throughout the contest.
- All digital files must be 5 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- Modular synthesizer hardware only. Semi-modular synth hardware is also acceptable as long as there is evidence of some cross-patching.
- Photos will be judged on artistic/aesthetic merit - not on how large/rare the modular is or who it belong(s)/(ed) to.

People are invited to submit photos, via email to modular@idreamofwires.org. You must include the following information in the body of your email submission:
(1) Your name / photo credit.
(2) Please copy and paste the following text: 'I confirm that I am the photographer or the holder of the copyrights of this property. I am allowing 'I Dream of Wires: The Modular Synthesizer Documentary' and MATRIXSYNTH use of this property.'
(3) Title of the photo (optional).
(4) Brief bio and description of your musical &/or photographic work. 50-words maximum (optional).
(5) URL (optional)."

For more info on 'I Dream of Wires: The Modular Synthesizer Documentary':
http://www.indiegogo.com/I-Dream-of-Wires
baboo
wait, this is supposed to be a photo of just the synth or it can be a wider setting, for example a studio/stage and people around?
s o l v e n t
baboo wrote:
wait, this is supposed to be a photo of just the synth or it can be a wider setting, for example a studio/stage and people around?

We're open to the latter.
drewtoothpaste
Is full nudity OK or does it have to be cropped/blurred?
reppiks
Max 3 submissions per week, or max 3 submissions for duration of whole contest?
s o l v e n t
reppiks wrote:

whole contest
s o l v e n t
drewtoothpaste wrote:
Is full nudity OK or does it have to be cropped/blurred?

We have no specific guidelines relating to this.
s o l v e n t
So let me ask... have some people here submitted photos? They're not exactly flowing in. The main reason I find this odd is because we've been getting 3 or 4 people a week randomly posting photos of their modular to our Facebook page, and now that we are actually offering something for it, we get next to nothing. I just hope it is not a problem with the email account or something. If you sent a pic for this contest via email, can you please PM me?
Joe.
We're all waiting for Drew to post his nekkid pics before we post ours 8_)
Jason Brock
s o l v e n t wrote:
So let me ask... have some people here submitted photos? They're not exactly flowing in.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm guessing these reasons might apply to a lot of people:

a) the contest is 30 weeks long, so I have plenty of time to come up with an idea for a shot.
b) the prize is exposure for your website, and I don't have a website to promote (yet).

Right now all I have is a domain name and some ideas. The exposure thing is a cool prize, so on the off chance that I win, I'd like to have something ready to "expose".
BTByrd
Jason Brock wrote:
I can only speak for myself, but I'm guessing these reasons might apply to a lot of people:

a) the contest is 30 weeks long, so I have plenty of time to come up with an idea for a shot.
b) the prize is exposure for your website, and I don't have a website to promote (yet).

+1 on both counts.

And some personal stupidity on my end: I lost most of my hi-res modular photos because I resized them for the 'net and didn't save the original. d'oh!
s o l v e n t
Well these reasons all make sense - cool. I just was wondering whether maybe it was of no interest to anyone. We literally have had 3 submissions so far... Keep in mind that based on this, your chances of winning early on are much higher!
HueMonContact
I'll submit some photos in the next few days or so.
skkatter
Jason Brock wrote:
on the off chance that I win, I'd like to have something ready to "expose".

Hence the nude photo information request.
s o l v e n t
reppiks wrote:

BTW in case you missed this (the last sentence):

"Maximum 3 submissions per person. 1 photo submission per email. Please note that all submissions will remain in the pool of photos, for consideration throughout the contest."
s o l v e n t
Week1 winner will be announced tonight on MATRIXSYNTH... it's a Wiggler!
baboo
I'll try to submit photos, but it may take some time..
cause I have to actually shoot them, but I've got some ideas Om
Oh, and I still haven't convinced my girfriend to pose naked with Flower Electronics jealous heart..ummm somewhere
JohnLRice
Cool! I love modulars AND photography! thumbs up I didn't see this thread until just now and the PNW Synthfest had me pretty distracted. I'll try to get some shots in for the coming weeks.
amnesia
s o l v e n t wrote:
So let me ask... have some people here submitted photos? They're not exactly flowing in. The main reason I find this odd is because we've been getting 3 or 4 people a week randomly posting photos of their modular to our Facebook page, and now that we are actually offering something for it, we get next to nothing. I just hope it is not a problem with the email account or something. If you sent a pic for this contest via email, can you please PM me?

I submitted a lovely photo but didnt win. Do we have to resubmit more photos or do they get pooled and my photo could ( will) win next week :-)?
nrdvrgr
nanners
amnesia
nrdvrgr wrote:
nanners
congrats!
nrdvrgr
Thanks. With the stuff you got a and a decent camera you can´t go wrong, best of luck to you!
s o l v e n t
amnesia wrote:
I submitted a lovely photo but didnt win. Do we have to resubmit more photos or do they get pooled and my photo could ( will) win next week :-)?

You don't need to re-submit -- they are pooled for the remainder of the contest.
s o l v e n t
amnesia wrote:
nrdvrgr wrote:
nanners
congrats!

Yes, congrats and thanks for the cool submission!
s o l v e n t
amnesia wrote:

From the contest description: "Please note that all submissions will remain in the pool of photos, for consideration throughout the contest."

You were out-Buchla'd this week, I'm afraid!
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 2 Contest Winner!

Our second winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Ben Edwards for his "'Buchla and Friends."

Ben Edwards runs an electronic music studio in London which houses a large collection of vintage synths and recording equipment. He composes and records music as Benge, and has released 10 albums on his own Expanding Records label. He also writes and produces with other artists, the latest project being with John Foxx under the name The Maths.

Studio blog: http://myblogitsfullofstars.blogspot.com/

renzo
applause

very cool!

"benge" rules!
b&f Guinness ftw!
thumbs up
Monobass
s o l v e n t wrote:

matrixsynth is great and all but it's already just a gargantuan flow of photographs, the lower editorial threshold of which seems to be 'anything synth related sold on ebay'. It's the all-consuming amoeba of the synth blog world. A little editorial would go a long way. That doesn't diminish the good intention, just probably explains the lack of entries due to the context.
s o l v e n t
Monobass wrote:
s o l v e n t wrote:

matrixsynth is great and all but it's already just a gargantuan flow of photographs, the lower editorial threshold of which seems to be 'anything synth related sold on ebay'. It's the all-consuming amoeba of the synth blog world. A little editorial would go a long way. That doesn't diminish the good intention, just probably explains the lack of entries due to the context.

Well, I think that most artists would benefit somewhat from having their bio/URL posted to MATRIXSYNTH, at the top, for approx 12 hours... But even if that wasn't the case, the contest winners do also get their photo + credit/bio/URL included on the DVD, which will likely be seen by a large segment of the modular synth community..... Also, for the record, the submissions have definitely picked up. We currently have a pool of approx 30 photos to choose from. That's a lot less than I'd have expected, but definitely up from week1, where we literally chose from 3 submissions. Luckily those 3 submissions were very good - Nordvargr's winning photo is really ace; the fisherman pic really gives it a unique charm.
Parametex
PotW is on my opinion a great additional way to check some more curated synth pr0n.

Thx for that applause
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 3 Contest Winner!

Our third winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Claus Niegsch (AKA Weinglas) for his 'Modular Bokeh.'

Weinglas' music is best described as "a lot of noise and dark soundscapes." Claus' photographic work is based on macro pictures or pictures with a very shallow depth of field, as seen in 'Modular Bokeh,' which was made with Aperture 1.2!

Check out Weinglas' music on SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/weinglas

[/img]
weinglas
YESSSSSS!!!!! nanners nanners nanners

Thanks Guinness ftw!
HueMonContact
weinglas wrote:
YESSSSSS!!!!! nanners nanners nanners

Thanks Guinness ftw!

Congrats man! Great picture.
nrdvrgr
Nice Weinglas...
weinglas
Thanks a lot guys! w00t

@nrdvrgr: Had to follow your nice work .... applause
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 4 Contest Winner!

Our fourth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Mesak for his 'Se-quenching.'

Mesak is a musician and producer coming originally from Turku, Finland. Releases are mostly electro, techno & skweee, but various projects include also rather experimental electronic music. At the moment he´s working on music and running the label Harmönia in Berlin Germany.

Check out Mesak's music on SoundCloud:
http://soundcloud.com/mesak

sempervirent
Nice photos. Bokeh + lights + wires. I'll send something soon. Does it have to be purely modular or can it be semi-modular, or modular including other gear?
s o l v e n t
sempervirent wrote:
Nice photos. Bokeh + lights + wires. I'll send something soon. Does it have to be purely modular or can it be semi-modular, or modular including other gear?

Yes we've been getting some great pics... Your questions are answered here:

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2011/10/i-dream-of-wires-matrixsynth-present. html
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 5 Contest Winner!

Our fifth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Rastko Lazic for his 'Jealous Heart.'

Rastko Lazic is a composer and improviser of electronic music based in Geneva, Switzerland.

For more info, please check his website: http://rastko.info/

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 6 Contest Winner!

Our sixth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Lu Katavist for his 'modular dome.'

Based in Cologne, Germany, Lu Katavist creates soundscapes with eurorack modular and Haken Continuum fingerboard. Dogma for recordings: Everything is played live and improvised, without posterior editing. He has released an album ("retoxis") on his own label. Lu thoroughly enjoys playing live, and supported Keiji Haino, December 2011 in Cologne.

For more info, please his own label's website: http://smalldeath.org/

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Lu Katavist for his submission!

11ish
It's peanut butter jelly time!
Thanks for choosing my submission!
weinglas
Nice one. Congratulations!
nrdvrgr
All very cool... It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
construct09
great photo
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 7 Contest Winner!

Our seventh winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Roger Grønberg for his 'Guro Sandvik.'

Roger runs the studio & production company Frodebeats, from Oslo, Norway. "At frodebeats production headquarters we like spending all day doing sound design with modular synths."

For more info, please check Frodebeats' website: http://www.frodebeats.com

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Roger Grønberg for his submission!

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 8 Contest Winner!

Our eighth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Hansi Güçlüer for 'Serge1.' Hansi records electronic music under the name St Catharina. "St Catharina is Stockholm's best kept secret."

Here's some of Cathy's work: http://www.youtube.com/user/komputerbrown

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Hansi Güçlüer for the submission!

s o l v e n t
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 9 Contest Winner!

Our ninth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Nina Richards for her untitled Doepfer suitcase shot. Nina is half of a music/photography partnership with Zoë Blade, who submitted the photo. "Nina and I have featured our music and photos in various indie films, the latest being the documentary Warren Ellis: Captured Ghosts, about the comic book author. It's nice to have this opportunity to combine our two passions!"

Check out Zoë Blade on Bandcamp: http://zoeblade.bandcamp.com

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 10 Contest Winner!

Our ninth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Scooter McCrae for his 'The Modcan Wall of Sound.'

Scooter McCrae has been playing with electronic music devices for the last 25 years, and most especially loves the modular system he's been able to finally put together in the last four years, after dreaming about a set-up like this for as long as he can remember.

Check out this Modcan system in action, at Scooter's SoundCould page: http://soundcloud.com/scootermccrae

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 11 Contest Winner!

Our eleventh winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Dmitry Morozov (aka ::vtol::) for his 'Partita For Unattended Computer.'

Dimitri is a DIY synth builder/artist from Moscow, Russia. This picture was made during his performance "Partita For Unattended Computer," a tribute to P. Zinovieff (Automatic composed music without artist on the stage). Date of picture/concert Oct.13,2010.

For more info, please check ::vtol::'s website: http://vtol.tk/

Matos
Great stuff. Is this still going on? I have a concept for a shot I just might tackle tomorrow if it works.
s o l v e n t
Matos wrote:
Great stuff. Is this still going on? I have a concept for a shot I just might tackle tomorrow if it works.

Yes this is Week#11 of 30.
NS4W
cool shots
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 12 Contest Winner!

Our twelfth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Jakob F. Kristiansen for his 'Ins & Outs.'

Last year Jakob started the one man electro-/synthpop project My Secret Machine. As a kid, his heroes were bands like Depeche Mode, The Human League, Kraftwerk, Yazoo, Front 242, OMD, etc, who are now big influences in his work. My Secret Machine's debut album is in the pipeline.

For more info, please check out My Secret Machine's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mysecretmachine

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Jakob F. Kristiansen for his submission!

JohnLRice
Too busy for the last two weeks? hihi
mmm
JohnLRice wrote:

Probably. My pic of ichabod was the week 13 winner but, I think Jason and Robert are probably exhausted.

Poor guys. They're really working hard on this.

But, Thank you two for your efforts. this should be great!
s o l v e n t
JohnLRice wrote:

Yes too busy! I will update soon with those most recent winners
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 13 Contest Winner!

Our thirteenth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to George Mattson for his 'Ichabod' (photo by Michael Mattson).

George Mattson started investing in synthesizers in 1973. In 1978, he invented the first self-contained keytar, known as the Syntar. Mattson currently manufactures modular systems and custom modular systems as Mattson Mini Modular. Ichabod is a custom system commissioned by Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins.

For more info, please check out Mattson Mini Modular's website: http://www.mattsonminimodular.com

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to George and Michael Mattson for their submission!

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 14 Contest Winner!

Our fourteenth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Andre Theelen for his 'Light Painting Buchlaesque.'

Andre Theelen released 1 audio cassette and 2 CDs of electronic music between 1992 and 1996 under the name of Syndrone (together with Harold Teunissen). Three years ago he picked up music again and started building modular synthesizers to be used in new music.

For more info, please check out Andre's website: http://www.ecalpemos.nl

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Andre Theelen for his submission!

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 15 Contest Winner!

Our fifteenth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Arthur P for his 'Serge M-Class Synth.'

Arthur is an artist/musician/blogger who generally works under the name This Second Sleep. He mostly works with both Serge and Buchla modular systems, & recently released his second CDr called DELPHINE & CAGE.

More can be seen/heard/read at: http://thissecondsleep.blogspot.com

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Arthur P for his submission!

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 16 Contest Winner!

Our sixteenth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Chris Novello for his 'illucia console.'

illucia is a modular codebending console for routing digital information. It is the physical paradigm of modular synthesizers, but applied to computer programs (sound, games, image, etc). Chris Novello is a designer in Providence, RI.

For more info: http://www.paperkettle.com

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Chris Novello for his submission!

Bricks
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo Thank you! I'm honored!

PS: there is a typo - it is "illucia console"
no big deal but thought it would be good to mention for the dvd itself
s o l v e n t
Bricks wrote:
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo Thank you! I'm honored!

PS: there is a typo - it is "illucia console"
no big deal but thought it would be good to mention for the dvd itself

Congrats - both of your photos were awesome. I actually voted for the other shot, but I was outvoted by Robert & Matrix...

Sorry about the typo I'll get that fixed
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 17 Contest Winner!

Our seventeenth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Roberto Raineri-Seith for his 'To tweak or not to tweak.'

Roberto Raineri-Seith lives in Ascona, Switzerland. Roberto is a composer and performer of electronic soundscapes for art exhibitions, video productions and sound installations. Since the early '80s, Roberto also regularly lectures and holds workshops on analogue electronic music, instruments and techniques.

For more info: http://www.raineri-seith.com/

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Roberto Raineri-Seith for his submission!

XCenter
thumbs up

Slainte!
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 18 Contest Winner!

Our eighteenth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to John L Rice for his 'Stretch Factor.'

John currently has a big mixed format 5U modular.

Check out John's 5U modular in action: http://www.youtube.com/JohnLRice

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to John L Rice for his submission!

JohnLRice
s o l v e n t wrote:

Our eighteenth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to John L Rice for his 'Stretch Factor.'

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to John L Rice for his submission!

Awesomeness, thank you very much!!!! we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

It is a very great honor to have my photo included with all the excellent photographs so far and to be associated with such an exciting documentary!!!

mmm
JohnLRice wrote:
s o l v e n t wrote:

Awesomeness, thank you very much!!!! we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

It is a very great honor to have my photo included with all the excellent photographs so far and to be associated with such an exciting documentary!!!

applause MY ASS IS BLEEDING It's motherfucking bacon yo
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 19 Contest Winner!

Our nineteenth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Jens Hellwig for his untitled photo of a Moog Model 15 clone.

Jens Hellwig is a German synth enthusiast whose love of modular synthesizers developed through the classic Berlin school of music. Recently he made one of his childhood dreams come true in purchasing a replica of the famous Moog Model 15 synthesizer from Club of the Knobs.

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Jens Hellwig for his submission!

JohnLRice
Nice one, Jens! w00t
sempervirent
That photo of the Illucia console setup is great. Was it taken near Brown University? Looks familiar, I think I took some photos at the same location, it's just a few blocks from where I lived in the early 00s.
s o l v e n t
sempervirent wrote:
That photo of the Illucia console setup is great. Was it taken near Brown University? Looks familiar, I think I took some photos at the same location, it's just a few blocks from where I lived in the early 00s.

I guess you may want to PM Bricks for the answer... And I agree, really great photo
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 20 Contest Winner!

Our twentieth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Olivier Perez for his 'Inskt Modular.'

Oliver is an art director and sound designer in Paris, France. He uses modular and field recordings to create textures, ambiances and Fx for motion design, video games, websites, etc.

For more info on Oliver's work: http://www.inskt.com/

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Olivier Perez for his submission!

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 21 Contest Winner!

Our twenty-first winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Bob Borries for his 'Lightning Volts.'

Being a fan of Wendy Carlos, Larry Fast, NIN and BT, Bob had to own a Moog modular, but since Moog don't build modules anymore, he bought a Synthesizers.com system. Vo1t is the moniker for my music. The photo is multiple exposures of lasers and smoke.

For more info on Vo1t: http://www.vo1t.com/

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Bob Borries for his submission!

KossBert
Picture = SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo nanners Dead Banana
sempervirent
Somebody needs to license that laser image for their 80s revival album cover, it's incredible.
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 22 Contest Winner!

Our twenty-second winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Joe McGinty & Michael Weintrob, for 'InstrumentHead:Joe McGinty,' part of Weintrob's InstrumentHead series.

Joe McGinty is a New York based composer, producer and keyboardist. He was a member of the Psychedelic Furs and has worked with The Ramones, Deborah Harry, Ryan Adams, Nada Surf, Ronnie Spector, Devandra Banhart, Martha Wainwright and many others. He owns Carousel Recording, a vintage keyboard studio in Brooklyn.

For more info on Joe McGinty: http://www.joemcginty.com

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Joe McGinty & Michael Weintrob for their submission!

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 23 Contest Winner!

Our twenty-third winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Metunar, aka Adriano Capizzi, for his 'Shine On You Crazy LED.'

For more info on Metunar: http://www.metunar.ch

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Adriano Capizzi for his submission!

sempervirent
s o l v e n t wrote:

DieterDöpfer wrote:
Thanks for putting my kids through college! Danke!
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 24 Contest Winner!

Our twenty-fourth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Luigi Leo 'modular' Learchi, for his 'Starkey.'

Luigi's band was called Delia, performing with EMS synthesizers. More than 50-thousand downloads were made of the international compilation dedicated to EMS synth.

For more info on the EMS Synth comp, please login to: http://forum.thesynthi.de

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Luigi Leo 'modular' Learchi for his submission!

NOTE: there seems to be some debate as to whether this unit qualifies as a modular synthesizer at all. If this is a debate that interests you, feel free to chime in over at MATRIXSYNTH. Matrix himself addresses the issue there and his answer there is good enough for us.
http://m.matrixsynth.com/2012/04/idow-matrixsynth-modular-pic-of-week_ 10.html

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 25 Contest Winner!

Our twenty-fifth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Wes Milholen, for his 'Korg MS-20 and MS-50.'

Wes is behind Theoretical Mathematics, an independent label focused on releasing experimental music. Recordings from Antidata, Dead Architects, Drone6, The Wilderness Act, and more are planned for release in 2012.

For more info on Theoretical Mathematics http://theoreticalmathematics.com

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Wes Milholen for his submission!

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 26 Contest Winner!

Our twenty-sixth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Neil Fellowes for his 'Modular Zero-Zero-Two.'

Neil is an English electronic music composer (using the name Geigertek), photographer and Urban Explorer. His photographs have been used for websites and album covers, most notable being "Exit Strategy" by Ian Boddy and Parallel Worlds. This image was taken in the studio owned by Benge.

For more info on Neil's work: http://www.neilfellowes.co.uk

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Neil Fellowes for his submission!

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 27 Contest Winner!

Our twenty-seventh winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Atomic Shadow (photo credit Rod Mitchell), for his 'Lab b/w.'

Atomic Shadow uses a variety of vintage and modern electronic equipment to craft unique sonic sculptures and broadcast them directly from yesterday's world of tomorrow.

For more info on Atomic Shadow, check out his record label's website: http://www.hollowsunrecords.co.uk

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Atomic Shadow for his submission!

NOTE: Originally we weren't sure whether this should qualify as modular synthesizer gear - but we decided to go with it, as a sort of proto-modular set-up. Read MATRIXSYNTH's post for details (those are his words):

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2012/04/idow-matrixsynth-modular-pic-of-week_ 30.html

construct09
nice
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 28 Contest Winner!

Our twenty-eighth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Edmund Klaus (photo credit ChinasArt Photography), for this untitled photo.

Edmund Klaus (Monobot) is a producer/composer from Karlsruhe, Germany. Monobot experiments with, and modifies synthesizers, modulars, sequencers, and software in search of the perfect live setup. The goal is to sequence and create music completely live with sound generated mostly through analog gear. This suitcase is part of the concept.

Check out Monobot's music on his Soundcloud page: http://soundcloud.com/monobot

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Edmund Klaus and ChinasArt Photography for their submission!

s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 29 Contest Winner!

Our twenty-ninth winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Zeitdehner, for his 'TipTop Audio Z8000 matrix sequencer close-up.'

Zeitdehner brings sonic abstractions created exclusively on modular synthesizers. The approach is to use no multi tracking techniques, instead capturing the patch live, as it is, in real time. This is to retain the spontaneity and the live nature of the work, with all the idiosyncrasies of the methodology.

For more info on Zeitdehner, check out his blog:
http://zeitdehnermod.blogspot.com

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Zeitdehner for his submission!

s o l v e n t
PLEASE NOTE: NEXT WEEK IS THE LAST WEEK OF THE CONTEST!
Jason Brock
Was the last winner ever announced?
kimu
who is muffwiggler mike in the teaser ?

seriously, i just don't get it Guinness ftw!
s o l v e n t
Jason Brock wrote:
Was the last winner ever announced?

no - last week I was incredibly ill & wasn't online for days, so the vote didn't happen. we just voted on the last 1 today. Will be up @ MATRIXSYNTH tonight.... thanks for all who submitted!
s o l v e n t
IDOW & MATRIXSYNTH Modular Pic of the Week - Week 30 Contest Winner!

Our thirtieth & final winner of the Modular Pic of the Week contest goes to Damon Mar, for his 'Modular Dream.'

Mar, of Kansas-based electronic music instrument company Marsynth, composes and performs various genres of electronic music, including ambient and experimental, with his current-controlled modular system. Influences include the pioneering works by Morton Subotnick, Oscar Sala, Klaus Shulze, and Eliane Radigue. Photo shot with Canon T2i and Rokinon 8mm fisheye.

Check out Mar's music on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/adamon

We'd like to give a big thanks and congratulations to Damon Mar for his submission!

We'd like to offer our sincere thanks for everyone who submitted photos to the contest; We've seen some amazing systems and beautiful, creative photos - it has been a pleasure! We will be voting on the final Top5 photos from the 30 contest winners in the coming weeks.

s o l v e n t
The final top 5 winners announced:

Remember our IDOW/MATRIXSYNTH Modular Photo of the Week contest? You may recall that the Top5 would be voted by the 3 of us (director Robert, producer Jason, and MATRIXSYNTH), with these 5 winners having their images printed as a postcard set to be included with IDOW DVD/BluRay orders.... Well, we've finally selected our winners -- see below:

#1 'Buchla and Friends' by Ben Edwards (Benge)
http://tinyurl.com/mrkrn45

#2 'illicia console' by Chris Novello
http://tinyurl.com/m6eb3ua

#3 (tie) 'To Tweak or Not to Tweak' by Roberto Raineri-Seith
http://tinyurl.com/kjlyhf3

#3 (tie) 'Jealous Heart' by Rastko Lazic
http://tinyurl.com/lkl9uha

#3 (tie) 'Guro Sandvik' by Roger Grønberg
http://tinyurl.com/mkw8vxf

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2013/05/i-dream-of-wires-modular-photos-of- week.html
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 4