MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stick your video doodles here.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 45, 46, 47  Next [all]
Author Stick your video doodles here.
nickciontea
nickciontea
bitSmasher
That's my style of glitchy music and wonky video love
nickciontea
bitSmasher wrote:

thanks! I feel I've either been on a roll lately.. Or just really falling in a good groove with this machine.
It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo
shred
bitSmasher wrote:

yea i'm really diggin these as well! what was your setup like for this show? I think I remember seeing a thread where you were putting together a suitcase with audio and video modules...?
nickciontea
nickciontea wrote:

shred wrote:
bitSmasher wrote:

yea i'm really diggin these as well! what was your setup like for this show? I think I remember seeing a thread where you were putting together a suitcase with audio and video modules...?

For this show (and most) I was running my video suitcase:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34364
3 VWG
1 TFKG
1 VBM
1 VI
VSG and CVE

and my monorocket skiff for video:
Cwejman AP-1 for envelope following on a room mic
Hertz Donut - has the best sync of any audio oscillator
Flame clockwork for midi clock (unused in these examples)
TTA Z8000 (unused in these examples)

I run a canon HG20 camcorder that I typically aim at the ball hanging from the ceiling for feedback. For the first patch you can see i have the camera on the DJ working the Ipad.

most these patches have some heavy feedback. Harvestman and I were talking video feedback all weekend in LA.
thatfritzguy
hi, my name is fritz. i am new to this great forum.

found my way here via lzx site. thanks lars!

this is my first post!

using lzx, doepfer modular, ave3, jvc camera, crt monitor
lizlarsen
Welcome to the forum Fritz!! applause applause

That clip was awesome. There were some great combinations of shapes/textures. Looks like you're making great use of the setup you're working with!
fletch
Live clip from last night, video processing done on Jones MVIP
shred
nickciontea wrote:
For this show (and most) I was running my video suitcase:

thanks man love the setup. saw some footage of the LA synth meet and there was some great work there as well!

Looking good fritz and fletch! Really diggin the noise fletch, makes a great companion to the visuals
nickciontea
thatfritzguy wrote:
hi, my name is fritz. i am new to this great forum.

found my way here via lzx site. thanks lars!

using lzx, doepfer modular, ave3, jvc camera, crt monitor

welcome!! and i love the video!
nickciontea
Had my second run at doing video for Alessandro Cortini's Sonoio project. Absolutely had a blast. And by the end of the night had my fair share of beers Guinness ftw! .

I got the call at 11AM the day of verifying the gig, so I left work and headed home to work on a patch. The big thing I remembered from working the last gig is that Sonoio moves thru his set with a good pace.. Which doesn't leave time for re patching.

My patch consisted using the VBmatrix as my final out. I used each channel as a separate patch feeding from various modules of the LZX. The only normalization I allowed was the keyed camera I ran live. This is the first time I used this kind of a patch setup and it worked very well for having different patches within a 2-3 second time period. simple patches can go a long way.

So with 3 patches I did 8-9 songs. Alessandro prefers that I only run blues and reds, which is easy enough by just turning the green luma off and then setting red to postive and blue to the inverse. .(or vice versa). I then ran a single channel out of the VBM into the video encoder for each of the first 3 songs then after that running one channel into red and another channel into blue trying to avoid pinks and purples.

Heavy hand improv using the range switches on the Waveform Generators and sync switches, always watching the preamp levels on my microphone.

here's a bit of footage. still had to dial things in when switching patches. but usually not much

andrewF
This is from preparation for a show earlier this week. i used this patch to film performers at a noise gig, in this vid its just my mug

from youtube blurb: Running vid thru a Serge Phaser and Sandin Function Generator with a lot of help from the core LZX video-synth modules. Sorry its pretty shaky, I was trying to film myself with one camera, the tv screen with another and tweak controls all at the same time. Managing to do all three tasks badly.
btw- audio is just a recording from my diy tube synthesizer
lizlarsen
Awesome! That looks great!!
pekler

This was made by zooming around a few images in an old Soviet astronomy book then processing the footage with a Jones MVIP modulated by various parameters of the music while it was feeding back on itself going through a Korg Krossfour video mixer. Then filming the screen on which this was being played back and finally some editing and sequencing in Final Cut Express.
bitSmasher

CRT monitor > VHS Camera > Sansui VX99 feedback loop.
Riding the "video art" effect and master fade. Audio was added in editing as an afterthought, though if I had the time I could've been a very effective soundtrack to work to. Video was rushed but it was either capture now or not at all.

Monitor + Camera bought for $5 each, as condition unknown. Mixer was a $1 sale ebay gamble, I paid total of $30 for postage and SCART adapters to see if it worked. Pretty good deal to find all this works, and works well.
daverj
pekler: I like the idea of using old books as image sources. Lots of interesting images to be found out there.

bitSmasher: it looks like the electronic shutter of the camera was limiting how much of the screen you could get feedback on. Is the electronic shutter speed adjustable on that camera?
MrDys

I used some video ramps to FM various parameters of a VWG, mixed that output with more ramps, and then fed it into a 5pulser. A LFO modulates the 5pulser, causing the opening and closing of the shape. All of that is fed into my cheap kaleidoscoper (video splitter + 4 feed security camera box).

I'll do a proper patch diagram when I'm at a real computer.

Edit:

Proper patch diagram as promised:

Not sure those exact ramps are going to the exact inputs, but it's the general idea. Not shown: output from the CVE goes into a splitter and then into one of those security camera switcher boxes that allows for mirroring of the inputs.
revmutt
MrDys wrote:

I used some video ramps to FM various parameters of a VWG, mixed that output with more ramps, and then fed it into a 5pulser. A LFO modulates the 5pulser, causing the opening and closing of the shape. All of that is fed into my cheap kaleidoscoper (video splitter + 4 feed security camera box).

I'll do a proper patch diagram when I'm at a real computer.

Nice one.
laserpalace
Just finished this song/video over this weekend. Still waiting to build a video synth. Currently working in After Effects/Final Cut. Can't wait for the workshop coming up!
bitSmasher
MrDys wrote:
cheap kaleidoscoper (video splitter + 4 feed security camera box)
I like the sound of this... so the CCTV box does H+V mirror internally, or was this done externally?
If the former, I'm definitely going to search for similar.
MrDys
bitSmasher wrote:
MrDys wrote:
cheap kaleidoscoper (video splitter + 4 feed security camera box)
I like the sound of this... so the CCTV box does H+V mirror internally, or was this done externally?
If the former, I'm definitely going to search for similar.

Yeah, internally. There's a bunch of them on eBay. Search for "CCTV quad proccessor". Most of the descriptions don't mention the mirroring, so it's kind of a crapshoot, but they're all essentially the same box, running the same software. They run about $60. If, for some reason, it doesn't have the mirroring, then you have a cheap box that'll do freeze frames for stills and you try again.
lizlarsen
Very nice patch, MrDys!
revmutt
pekler wrote:

This was made by zooming around a few images in an old Soviet astronomy book then processing the footage

I have done a bunch of stuff photographing stuff off tv. Usually angling and zooming to get more warped shots.

I find that you really have to experiment with sources. 70's action films look very different then infomercials in terms of color palet. Also try different cameras, it always makes for different feel
qu.one
Cross post from Neon Marshmallow tread, but some video of Johnny Woods doing visuals for Joe Lentini.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 45, 46, 47  Next [all]
Page 8 of 47