MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Toyota is pissed, Honda is not.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Toyota is pissed, Honda is not.
dkcg
Cryptic message?

Piston Hondas seem to be in stock now at AH.
TrashWaveform
dkcg wrote:
Cryptic message?

Piston Hondas seem to be in stock now at AH.
According to the Harvestman Twitter they are on sale. Following manufacturer's tweets make for good insider info.
xpander
TrashWaveform wrote:
Following manufacturer's tweets make for good insider info.

agreed.
incekt
IT WILL BE HERE FRIDAY! screaming goo yo
theglyph

Dat Dem Der a whollotta wavetabliin!
blungo2
Mine should be here tomorrow! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!
dkcg
theglyph wrote:

Dat Dem Der a whollotta wavetabliin!

that many waves should be called a tsunami. Dead Banana
neandrewthal
Watch out for the Honda rush Little Mac woah
TrashWaveform
There are 51,200 ROM stored waveforms in that picture. Eat your heart out 80's digital synths.
governor blacksnake
TrashWaveform wrote:
There are 51,200 ROM stored waveforms in that picture. Eat your heart out 80's digital synths.

13107200 if you turn the interpolation on for both dimensions.
dkcg
Got mine home, but as Rewired put it before, I've got a 14HP hole for the 15HP I need for the piston honda. hmmm.....

Got some thinking to do...

Any idea when the expander card and even more banks will be shipping? I'm most interested in sending the Honda custom waveforms I draw. But that Bosch Gardens wavebank...yummy!
REwire
Mine will be here tomorrow AM.

Yes, I had a 14hp hole but that got filled by the E350. The 15hp hole is possible because there's a Hertz Donut on that row to balance it out.

Oooh that Harvestman, it's a scam, isn't it?

One I'm overjoyed to submit to
applause
money bags
from the NAMM demo video

"if you send the data to me i can put it on the little chips for you" eek!

...sold
incekt
you guys got to post some audio to tide me over till fritag! SlayerBadger!
nrdvrgr
One of those has my name on it.... can´t wait to get it... it was sent yesterday.
VanEck
Glad to see you around this joint nrdvrgr. Nikki and I have been enjoying your music since the days of Folkstorm.

Its going to be a while before we grab one of those Honda's... hope everyone here getting one will post some demos for us less fortunate very frustrating
Exuviae
Friday for me, too.

Maybe Mr. Governor can tell us the max current draw specs? And when to expect the manual?

Oh, and more info about the ROM expansion...

Mr. Green
Glitchmachines
Exuviae wrote:
And when to expect the manual?

Mr. Green

hihi waah lol

BTW- Mine arrives tomorrow
governor blacksnake
The manual is still being written...

Max current draw is in the neighborhood of 120 like the Donut.

The decimal points on each of the number displays represents whether interpolation is turned on for each of the axes (named HITHER and YON). On powerup, interpolation is disabled for HITHER and enabled for YON. To toggle through them, press the top left button. Hold this button down for two seconds to light the two orange LEDs. When they are lit, waveform smoothing is enabled. It works best on waveforms with gentle slopes like sines, and can greatly decrease quantization noise if that's your preference.

The MORPH DISCONTINUITY control adjusts how "stepped" the interpolation is when enabled. At full CCW it is as smooth as possible, at full CW it's like the interpolation is disabled. Somewhere inbetween, with 4-16 steps between each stored waveform, you can nail the Konami SCC sound pretty well if you use this effect with the noisy waves in the neighborhood of ROM: A HITHER: 0-3 YON: 8-F.

Press the TABLE ADDRESSING button to toggle between the internal oscillator and the external input. The external input expects a +/-5V signal for "normal" waveshaping operation, but you can send it whatever you like such as drum loops and wolfman tape. When the external input is active, the main frequency control (and CV input) on the Piston Honda instead act as a gain control for voltage-controlled waveshaping depth. Use ROM: A HITHER: D-F for a variety of transfer functions designed for the external input (you can morph these, too!)

The ROM SELECT button toggles between the A ROM (harsh) and B ROM (additive). A logic HIGH applied to the nearby GATE input will toggle the selection.

If you have a ROM expander board installed, you can hold down the ROM SELECT button for 2 seconds and the display will change. Use the HITHER knob to select the ROM chip to be selected for the A slot (what gets selected by the button and gate input), and the YON knob to select the chip for the B slot. You can select chips named A-H in this mode, A and B are the factory waveforms and the remaining six represent the sockets on the expander board. Release the select button to return to normal operation.

The expander board is getting built while I am in chicago - release in a few weeks. Should cost around what a Sound of Thunder does.

Just like the donut, keep your CVs for the three main inputs within 0-5V range for best results , you can police your voltage levels by using the provided offset controls (big knob) and attenuators (little knob).
Scaff
Hi,

do you know when Schneider will get more HertzDonuts?
Exuviae
Fantasic amounts of info - more than enough to get started - thanks Gov'Nah!
SquidInSquidInk
Can it go into LFO range?
REwire
SquidInSquidInk wrote:
Can it go into LFO range?

Scott told me at NAMM that it probably would not go low enough or be good for LFO use and he suggested the MOTM E350 for that. Noted, and Acquired.

D
governor blacksnake
I just shipped a small amount of Donuts to Schneiders, with more to follow towards the end of the month. This is also when Analogue Haven will be restocked.
J3RK
Nice, I've been waiting for these to show up for some time now, (as I'm sure trillions of others have.) eek! <--Me staring and refreshing AH... Mr. Green
kevinrothi
Got mine today.

It's beyond awesome. It's a whole other dimension of sonic fffffuuuuuuu
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
VanEck
kevinrothi wrote:
Got mine today.

DEMOOOOOOOOOOO NAOOOOOOO PLOOOOOX!!1 hyper
incekt
ill post a video tomorrow when i get it.,,.. since everyone else is too busy jamming out SlayerBadger!
opsysbug
Wow...love it love it love it !!!
Awesome rich sweet dirt... applause applause applause
Bishop Dust
Hi Harvestman !

Do you know if schneider already got Pistons ?

Cheerz
dkcg
VanEck wrote:
kevinrothi wrote:
Got mine today.

DEMOOOOOOOOOOO NAOOOOOOO PLOOOOOX!!1 hyper

I made this as a test of the pressure points module, but heck, audio was generated by the PH, so here's the second bird going down with one stone.

opsysbug
Hmmmm as usual for me cannot add an attachment...?
opsysbug
alright then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dupma_TFUI
incekt
holy fuck this thing is awesome, ill have a vid up hopfully by tomorrow night thumbs up
Mr White
yeah, videoz please! we're not worthy I need someting more to eat to be fuckin' sold...
Exuviae
I am confused about a couple of things:

Scott said that to have smooth interpolation between both Hither and Yon, press and hold the Morph Disc. button for two seconsd to engage both orange dots. Check. Adjust the Morph pot to smooth or un-smooth the waves...

But...it always seems no matter if this is selected, or where the Discontinuity pot is set, that Hither is always choppy when modulated. Regardless of Rom A or B selected, too.

I can get a nice smooth sweep if I hit only Yon's CV input, but if the respective attenuator is turned up higher than about 12:00 - the CV will then seem to "go past" Yon and then hit the Hither.

Weird stuff. I love this thing regardless, just want to understand it better.
governor blacksnake
The interpolation that causes the two orange LEDs to light (by holding down the button) is the waveform smoothing. For the smooth morphing on Hither or Yon, tap that button (dont hold it) until the decimal point lights on the display for the dimension you'd like to be smooth. The Piston boots up with morphing enabled on Yon and disabled on Hither and you can have all four combinations of either, none, or both.

The PH CV inputs (for discon, hither, and yon) expect a CV input of 0-5V (which is the sum of the big offset knob which can generate 0-5 by itself, and the CV input). Anything outside this range may cause behavior like what you'd describe. So, for a +/-10V CV input range, you'd turn the big knob to 12 o'clock and then bring the little attenuator knob up until it's hitting the range you'd like. Takes a bit of practice, but it might make more sense once I release my own control generator designs.
Exuviae
Awesome info - thanks!
Exuviae
Next question - regarding the daughterboard and adding ROMs. Say you drop in an existing Mini Wave or Davidson ROM to the daughterboard. And let's say that this ROMs waves are NOT interpolated already. Does engaging the interpolation feature on the Piston (tapping the Morph button) magically make this "choppy" ROM sweep smoothly though the waves?

What a world it could be if the answer is yes. This has always been the biggest downfall of the Mini Wave imo.
bunkdata
bunkdata wrote:
governor blacksnake wrote:
bunkdata wrote:

But is it true once the Piston Expander is available you can buy any Blacet Miniwave ROM and it would work in the Piston? For example, could I buy the Socket Rocket Miniwave ROM and install it on the Piston Expander?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, no. The data format is the same but the physical package is different. PH uses smaller 8-pin serial EEPROMs.

That's cool. Still nice to know there will be some room to grow with the unit. I hope there will be at least one ROM available when the expansion is for sale. Right now, I am loving the unit, great sounds!!!

I asked a similar question in another thread. Looks like the data is the same but the ROMs are not.
governor blacksnake
Exuviae wrote:
Next question - regarding the daughterboard and adding ROMs. Say you drop in an existing Mini Wave or Davidson ROM to the daughterboard. And let's say that this ROMs waves are NOT interpolated already. Does engaging the interpolation feature on the Piston (tapping the Morph button) magically make this "choppy" ROM sweep smoothly though the waves?

What a world it could be if the answer is yes. This has always been the biggest downfall of the Mini Wave imo.

It's your lucky day- this is exactly how it works. The expander ships with two ROMs, GR-PPG/VS and Davidson's Bosch Gardens.
ST UF FLI N EAR
governor blacksnake wrote:
Takes a bit of practice, but it might make more sense once I release my own control generator designs.

o boy, you're such a tease.. oops

drumsampler and control generator.

TOO The Harvestman OO The Harvestman O The Harvestman OOT!!
, make way make way, The Harvest Train coming through!
stikygum
Out of all the clips I've heard of the PH, I really like this one. Quite long, but well worth it. I can just hear so many uses in this.

http://soundcloud.com/harvestman/pistontest1

I have yet to hear something that shows off the musical side of the pH though. Any links or clips out there of this?
ST UF FLI N EAR
yes, thats the first clip excisting of the PH. it's an awesome one! i allso think most exciting sounds as of yet.
but, iirc apparently those sounds didnt make their way to the roms (yet.)
at least that was stated by maker at the time of publishing.
stikygum
Seriously? Hmm, I'm guessing the ones that did make it are even better then...
Red Electric Rainbow
Really helpful.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 2