MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge Information and Purchasing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Serge Information and Purchasing
AntSev
When one clicks on 6. Wizardry, then the M-Class link, one is taken to the full 25 modules currently available. However, if one clicks on 7. Price List there are only 22 listed. The missing ones are the Control Generator, the Hex VCA Mixer, and the newest Klangshifter.

I placed an order in Oct, the prices of the modules were all correct, however, the power supplies were off. The PS4A was $800 and the PS6A was $1200 (I don't know about the PS2A). The PSDs are correct at $100. And lastly, the M-Boat Rack Mounting Chassis (M_ROX) are now $300 each.

I realize everyone wants to "hear it straight from the horse's mouth," but perhaps it gives you a little head's up.

Besides, you know how it is - I'm just sitting here passing the time waiting for the order to come! sad banana
toothless_wonder
Like Parasitik I have the same question !

For instance a Serge Animal , how much would this set us back ?

Anyone ? So STS is totaly ligit right ?!
parasitk
Yes, STS is totally legit! nanners
Audio Resistance
toothless_wonder wrote:
Like Parasitik I have the same question !

For instance a Serge Animal , how much would this set us back ?

Anyone ? So STS is totaly ligit right ?!

Rex at STS/Serge is one of the most legit guy I have ever dealt with period.

Animal panel will set you back close to $5000.00 by the time you buy a box(boat) and a PSU.
Reality Checkpoint
Rex is one of the planet's gentlemen. Beyond reproach.

My Creature, Sequencer A, M Boat and PS2A were $1499, $1500, $300 and $300, total $3599. Shipping to the UK was an extra $100, and 20 Pomona banana cables were $150. I will not tell you the customs charges as it still upsets me!

The order was finalised on November 2, 2009, and I had it here by November 24, 2009.

The customer service was beyond reproach, and when I find my second soul to sell I will be back for more.
desess
I'm just in the process of ordering an animal and Rex has told me that the shop business days are Tuesday through to Thursday. Just in case anyone wanted to know.
science
You can pick up Pomona cables for a lot less than that from several sources... or I'll happily sell some to you for 10% less than the $7.50 each you paid wink
desess
Ok finally collated custom mods available from Rex:
- Animal to Animoo (Ring Mod in Wave multiplier)
- TKB internal quantization
- Creature TGO(bipolar output instead of input)
- DTG's can have: SIGNAL IN, BI-POLAR OUT, CYCLE SWITCH or GATE BUTTON modifications.
- VCA's on M-class can be DC coupled insted of AC

Many thanks to fellow muffwigglers for all the info! As always ring Rex for all the info on these mods and correct or add to this list.

It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
ignatius
shamann wrote:
Does anyone know the reasoning behind having no real web presence for STS?

Not saying it's a bad thng, just that it's a bit unusual when compared to every other manufacturer.

i've heard that Rex is not very fond of the internet.. or email etc...

seriously, i just don't get it
desess
ignatius wrote:

i've heard that Rex is not very fond of the internet.. or email etc...

seriously, i just don't get it

I don't think that is the reason tbh. Rex does have an e-mail address which he replies very quickly from.. as for his lack of internet prescence I think it is simply because he gets enough work just from word of mouth with every Serge user acting as a salesman, with Egres, Quadslope and Carbon 111's pages all providing a sort of web prescence. Also Rex does inform and send info to Egres, I guess he is happy with the free advertising and doesn't need to pay for his own web site.
confusional
Redacted.
desess
bradleyallen wrote:

I think that's mostly true. He explained that he tries to stay out of the online huffing and puffing (not the actual words he used).

I wouldn't be surprised if those were the words he used. When I ordered the said the Animal "handled like a Ferrari" and "made chocolately smooth waves you could just chew on". hyper
ssgwiz
J.w.M. wrote:
How about Serge repairs? Does anyone have recommendations for people who have some experience getting Serge systems back into good condition? CalArts has a Serge modular synth (pictured below) that's in need of some repairs. I think it might just be a case of replacing some pots and some jacks, but with a system like this, I might want to relegate that task to someone with a good bit of familiarity with working with and repairing Serge systems. Any infor at all would be appreciated!

Kevin Fortune's info is: sereptech@aol.com, 510-301-8872
He does all pre-STS (triangle logo) repairs and restorations
Call Rex for references 262-367-3030
Shasta Cults
For future reference I also will work on Serge systems you can PM me through the group.

admin edit - sorry, please read the buy/sell rules thread

sandy
jsicp
Can anyone confirm that the prices on egres are up to date? (Specifically for Animoo, in case anyone knows).
Thanks
MechaSeb
jsicp wrote:
Can anyone confirm that the prices on egres are up to date? (Specifically for Animoo, in case anyone knows).
Thanks

I think the Animoo's price is correct. Some changes on the three VCO M-Panels as far as i remember... Better to call Rex directly though
ear ear
I know the chassis boxes for shop panels and M-Class panels come in two versions that are 2.5" or 4.5" deep, but I can't seem to find any other dimensions for Serge panels and boxes. What are these dimensions:

Width and height of a shop panel
Extent of knobs above a panel
Depth of feet under a chassis box
Clearance necessary under / at the side of a chassis box for the power cable
Clearance necessary above the surface of a panel to enable a single banana cable to be left in place inside a case without damaging the cable or the jack
Dimensions of the various power supplies
Anything else I've missed?

Sorry if this information is anywhere obvious that I have missed, and thanks in advance for any answers.

thumbs up
jsicp
MechaSeb wrote:
jsicp wrote:
Thanks

I think the Animoo's price is correct. Some changes on the three VCO M-Panels as far as i remember... Better to call Rex directly though

I see. Thanks for info.
DedMousie
jsicp wrote:
Can anyone confirm that the prices on egres are up to date?

Just a quick note: At this point, Rex now owns serge-fans.com

Not sure if/when he may update anything on there though. I still have full access to everything and have offered...
Babaluma
ooh, exciting! always wondered how someone with telephone-a-phobia (like myself) was supposed to contact him.

hope he does wonders with the serge site!
Mood Organ
science wrote:
You can pick up Pomona cables for a lot less than that from several sources... or I'll happily sell some to you for 10% less than the $7.50 each you paid wink

Could we list sources for Pomona cables here? Anyone?
confusional
Mood Organ wrote:
science wrote:

Could we list sources for Pomona cables here? Anyone?

http://www.testpath.com/ Om

Grey B-4
Green B-8
Yellow B-12
Red B-18
Blue B-24
Purple B-36
noobyscooby
Testpath's great if you live in the States. Internationally, Mouser has a much better deal with free shipping and all duties and taxes paid for orders over $200. And they use UPS express. I'm in Canada, I once ordered cables once on Wednesday afternoon and they were on my doorstep Thursday morning. Crazy.
Mood Organ
It's peanut butter jelly time! Thank you! nanners
sascha.victoria
Serge people should read this thread several times before asking about configurations. There's a lot of very useful information in that thread.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53361&highlight=two+ panel+serge
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 2 of 5